[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB microphone volume

  • From: Yanto Suryono <yanto.suryono@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:32:44 +0900

Hello,

At least my observations proved otherwise.

First I feed the device with an analog signal at amplitude which will
produce near full scale digital samples with XP.
As the volume slider is disabled in XP, I assume the audio gain here
is 0 dB.

Now, with the same input amplitude, the volume slider at position
around 25/100 with Vista business gave the same near full scale
digital level.

Then, with Win7 (I used RC1, Ultimate), even with volume slider at
position 1/100 the digital level already at near full scale. Anything
beyond that gives a clipped/distorted samples.