[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB audio filter dirver

  • From: Walter Oney <waltoney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:59:39 -0500

Martin Puryear wrote:
> I believe the XPSP1 DDK contains a GFX sample based on AVStream.  So
> yes, this would be data frames flowing between KS filters, as you say

Okay. I'm just trying to help sort out the confusion that many people
have between drivers that filter IRPs (I call these WDM filters) and
drivers that act as components ("filters" in EE parlance) in an audio or
video data stream. It doesn't do anyone any particular good to learn how
to write the former if they need the latter, and I suspect it would
normally be a good idea to try implementing the latter in user mode to
start with anyway.

--
Walter Oney, Consulting and Training
Basic and Advanced Driver Programming Seminars