[wdmaudiodev] USB Device in WDM Streaming Rendering Devices category

  • From: Harish Kasiviswanathan <harish.kasiviswanathan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:55:40 -0400

rendering devices

Should a USB speaker registered under the category "WDM Streaming
rendering devices" in Graph Edit? I have a USB speaker (commercial)
and it is NOT registered under this category and it seems to be
working properly.

We are developing USB audio device and our device is registered under
this category. Though we are able to send audio we are experiencing
some real-time problems. When we listen to the audio we can hear a
noise (a repetitive TICK ) but there is no data loss.

Since our device is listed under "WDM Streaming Rendering Devices", I
used this filter using GraphEdit to send audio and it produces a CRC
error.

I am wondering if this anything to do with the noise we are experiencing.

any suggestions are welcome..

thank you,
harish