[wdmaudiodev] USB Audio synch. mechanism

  • From: BlazeAudio Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:11:09 -0700

 [OOPS! I'd posted this message with incorrect subject!]

The "USB Audio and Windows" whitepaper (available from
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/tech/audio/USBaud.mspx[1]) says:

"Starting with Windows 98, Usbaudio.sys supported the adaptive and
synchronous endpoints, but it did not implement the asynchronous endpoint
correctly. Full support for asynchronous endpoints in Usbaudio.sys is
plannedfor Windows Longhorn."

However, I have implemented async. isoch. synch. mechanism on two different
devices - and it has worked perfectly - starting from Windows 98 SE.

What's not correct about the implementation?

Thanks.
Devendra.

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/tech/audio/USBaud.mspx