[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB Audio class device

  • From: "Jerry J. Trantow" <Jerry.Trantow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:00:14 -0600

As far as the USB Device name goes....

You just need to change some registry keys if you want your names to =
show
up.  You can set them up in the *.inf or under program control.  There =
are
different registry keys for the hardware friendly name (shows up in =
Device
Manager) and the interface friendly name (shows up in Sound control =
panel).
If your device allows the name to change (we store our names in flash), =
you
can change the keys with a program.  I posted some code to do this =
within
the last month or so.

Without looking thru my notes, I believe there is a certain order of =
places
where the name is looked for.  i.e. FriendlyName first, Class Name, =
Driver
Description, Driver name, etc...  I think it would be an improvement to =
use
the Product Name from the USB descriptor as the primary name source.