[wdmaudiodev] USB Audio class device

  • From: "Brian Toba" <briantoba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:46:32 -0400

Hi,

I've developed a usb audio class device, it's a microphone. An IT, a feature
unit and an OT, it works fine in Windows XP, i mean i can record audio in
the Sound Recorder. The detail is, that i can't find to make windows detect
the feature unit, because when y select my device in Control Pane-> Sound
the Volume button is disabled. I've have programmed the device to answer to
GET and SET CUR, MAX, MIN and RES and tested them with Jungo's WinDriver
Wizard. So, wich could be the issue?

Another thing is that when i plug my device, and the balloon pops up, it
says: "Microphone" (My product name) then USB Composite Device (As it's get
registered in the Device manager list under USB controllers, then it detect
the "Interface 0" and then USB Class Audio. So far it's nice, but why does
the interface get listed in the Device Manager under Sound, video and game
controller as "USB Class Audio" rather than "Interface 0". Notice that in
Control Pane-> Sound in the dropdown box i have "Interface 0" as the device
name.

Thanks a lot

Afro.