[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB Audio Using Interrupt Transfers

  • From: "vrf" <vrf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:50:47 +0800

> Udo Eberhardt write:
>> Due to slight variations of audio clock and USB clock, you need to use a
>>larger FIFO size than 8 anyway.

You mean 8 bytes?
But my chip (MC68HC908JB8/MC68HC08JB8/MC68HC08JT8-Rev. 2.0) only have 8
bytes In/Out buffer. Maybe I need choose another chip.

Besed on your discussion, for matching 64kbps Codec speed I think:
If  I use a usb chip with 8 bytes In/Out data buffer and 1ms interval, it
may loss 8 bytes data when not be polled in. And this may occur every 2...10
secs. This tone may be not good.
If  I use a usb chip with 16 bytest In/Out data buffer and 1ms polling
interval, it may not loss any data. This tone will be good enough.
If  I use a usb chip with 32 bytest In/Out data buffer and 2ms polling
interval, it may not loss any data. This tone will be good enough.
If  I use a usb chip with 64 bytest In/Out data buffer and 4ms polling
interval, it may not loss any data. This tone will be good enough.
In normal, Host will  fetch data of half of the max packet size. When any
frame not be polled in, the next polling will fetch data of max packet size.
Am I right?

The second question, I found that in Windows 2000 Sound Recorder's menu:
"File"-->"Properties"-->Format Conversion --> "Convert now"-->Attributes
8.000kHz, 8bit, Mono   7kb/sec
7kb/sec means 7K Bytes/sec?
if so, why it is not 8kb/sec?

Thank you all!