[wdmaudiodev] USB Audio :: Support for bmaControls[1] and bmaControls[2] :: Independent channel volume control (recording)?

  • From: -t <tge96@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:35:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've added independent channel volume control support to my USB Audio 1.0
recording device.

Under MAC OS, Audio MIDI Setup (AMS) directly supports this independent channel
volume control of USB Audio 1.0 recording devices.  All is as expected on Mac
OS.

However, I've been unsuccessful getting this to work under Windows 7.  Windows
appears to send the exact same control messages with the exact same data (in
rapid session) to master (0), left (1), and right (2) - when the master volume
control (record) is manipulated.  Even so, if I try Audacity and split the
stereo streams, I don't see any control messages sent as these channel volume
controls are manipulated?

Does anyone know if Windows supports independent channel volume control (USB
Audio 1.0 recording device)?

This page is a little thin on supported capabilities ->
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff537039(v=vs.85).aspx

Also, does anyone have another favorite page to reference when questions about
usbaudio.sys capabilities come up?

Many thanks in advance,
Troy Gentry