[wdmaudiodev] USB Audio Format (problem with mu-law)

  • From: Harish Kasiviswanathan <harish.kasiviswanathan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:18:18 -0500

Hi,

I have developed USB Microphone Audio Device that generates audio in
mu-law format. I have set in the USB descriptors to indicate the Audio
format (as specified in audio10.pdf). The problem - Windows is unable
to capture audio.

The reason why it fails is because windows is interpreting Audio
formats supported by the device as "None". I used DirectX GraphEdit
application to check this.

But when I changed the USB Audio Device properties (by changing the
descriptors) to PCM8 the device works and I am able to get the audio
data. This is not useful to me since windows does not recognize audio
format as mu-law, I won't be able to add de-compression directshow
filters.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harish