[wdmaudiodev] Re: USB Audio Driver/Device problems

  • From: Steve Hayashi <sthayashi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:43:33 -0500

To give a bit more background, this is a device I bought many years ago.
 The label on the bottom gives the manufacture date at Nov 2001.

I just took it apart now.  It uses a Philips UDA1321 USB DAC and a Microchip
24LC16B EEPROM.  I couldn't guess where exactly the problem lies here
without doing some component substitution, but I'm doubtful that I can fix
any problem that's burned to silicon.  Maybe if I use a faster EEPROM,
though it's likely that the values it needs to find are internal.

Oh well.  Thank you for all your help.

-Steve