[wdmaudiodev] Two identic soundcards installed

  • From: "Markus Bollinger" <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:12:19 +0200

Hello!

If I have two identic Soundcards installed on my PC (e.g. "Creative Sound
Blaster PCI"),
on MME the second card gets the extension "(2)" to it's friendly device name.
To select a device, MME based applications, the WaveMapper or SoundVol32 work
correctly.

But in DirectSound the "(2)" is not added.

When I use WindowsMediaPlayer 10, I cannot select the second card
When I use WinAmp 5, I can select the second card for output, but it will play
on the first one.

Have I to consider this as application bugs, or should the driver implement
some workaround :

I saw that with KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID
the devices can be renamed in the driver, but it seems that this does not work
on Windows 2000

Do you know other solutions ???

- Markus

You can find Digigram at:
Integrated Systems Asia, Suntec, Singapore, October 12-14, 2005, Booth number:
F110