[wdmaudiodev] Timing...

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:41:57 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the mmdevice API (Vista & Win7) to determine if my device is the
default endpoint or not. It "works", but
it is slow. I.e. when I receive the device arrival event for my device, I use
IMMDeviceEnumerator::GetDefaultAudioEndpoint to
see it its set as default (for eMultimedia).

It doesn't matter whether it is the default device or not (as shown in control
panel), the above procedure will always tell me
that my device is NOT the default device.

So, obviously it takes time for the audio service to "decide". Is there some
way to be notified by the audio service when it's done
, or if the default audio endpoint has changed (and to what) ??

TIA
/Rob