[wdmaudiodev] Re: There is noise in my audio driver with USB 3.0 controller

  • From: Tsai Tzung-Dar <tdtsai1973@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:26:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
As I known there is no different  with Avstream miniport driver  in USB 2.0 or
USB 3.0 host  controller.  What USB3.0 Host Controller you used?  I guess this
should be IRP  process problem.  Check URB and IRP return code maybe some
thing wrong during IRP transfer.

________________________________
 寄件者: Moore Zhang <chinahearing@xxxxxxxxx>
收件者: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
寄件日期: 2012/9/28 (週五) 11:58 PM
主旨: [wdmaudiodev] There is noise in my audio driver with USB 3.0  controller

Hi Guys:

I happened to find that when I plug in my USB 1.1 audio device in the USB 3.0
controller port, there will be noisy when playing music with WMP. But if plug
in USB 1.1 or 2.0 controller port, always fine. I’m prepared to analyze and
debug the driver code now, but before that does any guy in this list has
similar experience of this issue? Should AVStream audio driver make special
process for USB 3.0?

Detail info:
1.      AVStream USB audio driver.
2.      Audio Device: C-Media CM106 like USB 1.1 asic
3.      System: Win7 32
4.      Scenario: smooth with USB 1/2 controller port; in some USB 3.0
controller port, there is noisy.