[wdmaudiodev] Re: The latest in acheiveable latencies using Windows?

  • From: "Evert van der Poll" <evert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:14:24 +0100

Hi Eugene,

It's not the kernel per se. There are a lot of device drivers fighting for
CPU time. Some of them may be less than optimally designed, to put it
mildly. You can not prioritize the device interrupts which would enable you
to boost the priority of your audio interface for instance.

But I don't think the situation is that bad. With ASIO I can work reliably
with a buffersize of 128 samples which gives a latency of about 4
milliseconds. For my purposes that is good enough.

-Evert