[wdmaudiodev] Re: The "correct" way to install a Virtual sound card driver

  • From: Anton Shpakovsky <anton.shpakovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:05:13 +0700

Hi Paul,

you wrote: " but for a subset of users in the field the driver install is
failing. "
Do you have detailed information about the installation failure?

Our virtual audio driver (based on msvad sample) is being installed via
devcon utility and we haven't noticed any problems.

However, we also have a virtual video driver - we install it with our
custom installation program that is based on devcon sources.
For some users the error take place - ERROR_NO_DRIVER_SELECTED.
The similar problem is described here -
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=264324

I wonder if anyone knows anything about this error and how to avoid it?
Thanks.

Regards,
Anton

--