[wdmaudiodev] Surprise Removal and WaveCyclic

  • From: Mathieu Routhier <MRouthier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NT Developers Interest List <ntdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:28:08 -0400

Hi,

I know for removable audio devices, it is recommended to use StreamClass
instead of WaveCyclic (and PortClass).

However I have a WaveCyclic driver here, for a removable audio device, and I
was wondering if it was even possible to unload it correctly if I unplug it
while a stream is open.  I always end up with a reference count of 1 for my
device object (I read that using OSR's DeviceTree).

I guess I'm not the only one who's had that thing to do.  Does anyone know:

1) if it's possible to surprise remove a WaveCyclic driver without doing
anything fancy.
2) If not possible, which fancy thing I should do to make it work.

Thank you very much for any help!

Mathieu Routhier