[wdmaudiodev] Stream information

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:32:09 +0100

Hi,

I've been asked by a customer if it is possible to detect the source stream
format during streaming. Ok, we're on Vista and
the audio server opens my device with 96 kHz 24 bit stereo (as that's whats in
"Default format" settings).

But the source stream comes from a media player playing a 44.1kHz stereo file,
so inevitably a SRC will be done between the MP
and my device.

The question then is: Can I detect this somehow ? It would be nice in order to
let the user of my device know that a SRC is in effect... ?

TIA
/Rob