[wdmaudiodev] Re: StartDevice Empty Resource List?

  • From: Max K <xaseriii@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:17:47 +0200

Hi again,

I know managed to configure the Pins and Nodes in a way that I can instantiate
them in graphedt, I used the Information from the DmusUart and FMsynth samples
to set up the pins properly.

However I still can't see a MIDI port, apparently, the driver still isn't
installed correctly, some registry entries seem to be missing. KSStudio says:
"SetupDiOpenDeviceInterfaceRegKey failed
      Enumerated [???]
\\?\root#media#0001#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\vmidi
SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces failed
GetDeviceDetails failed."

for each Interface category.

I searched the registry a bit and found that I don't have an key for my device
under CurrentControl/MMDevices, and I believe there should be.
Maybe what devcon install does, isn't sufficient?

Regards,
Max

From: xaseriii@xxxxxxxxxx
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] Re: StartDevice Empty Resource List?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:27:07 +0200

    It doesn't appear under any of the WDM categories in graphedt?

No, only the virtual HD Audio sound card.

The service name can be chosen arbitrarily.  However, the system
    will not allow you to have two services with different names but the
    same "DisplayName".  That's probably what you were running into.
    Had you deleted the old one, you could have added the new one.

Thanks, right on spot :)

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:15:19 -0700
From: timr@xxxxxxxxx
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: xaseriii@xxxxxxxxxx

    Max K wrote:

        No, I can only see the MIDI ports of my other MIDI devices, what
        do you mean by instantiate in this context?

    It doesn't appear under any of the WDM categories in graphedt?

      I had some odd behaviour on my virtual testing
        machine, whenever I change the name property of the AddService
        directive in my inf file, devcon and my own installer wouldn't
        install the driver anymore. Accordingly to MSDN, the name
        property can be chosen randomly, and it worked again after I
        have reverted my VM to an earlier state, but after that I
        couldn't change it again. Is that a sign for a problem with the
        driver?