[wdmaudiodev] Re: StartDevice Empty Resource List?

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:15:19 -0700

Max K wrote:

> No, I can only see the MIDI ports of my other MIDI devices, what do
> you mean by instantiate in this context?

It doesn't appear under any of the WDM categories in graphedt?

> I had some odd behaviour on my virtual testing machine, whenever I
> change the name property of the AddService directive in my inf file,
> devcon and my own installer wouldn't install the driver anymore.
> Accordingly to MSDN, the name property can be chosen randomly, and it
> worked again after I have reverted my VM to an earlier state, but
> after that I couldn't change it again. Is that a sign for a problem
> with the driver?

The service name can be chosen arbitrarily.  However, the system will
not allow you to have two services with different names but the same
"DisplayName".  That's probably what you were running into.  Had you
deleted the old one, you could have added the new one.