[wdmaudiodev] Re: Soundcard midi driver

  • From: "Evert van der Poll" <e.j.van.der.poll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:27:37 +0100

Hi,

I can't confirm this problem on my system. The hardware is a 8 Port SE MIDI
interface that connects to the parallel port. Neither when used with the MME
library nor with the DirectMusic API do I see an increase in the use of
non-paged kernel memory.
I have written a little utility that might be useful to you. It tests MIDI
hardware by sending all types of MIDI messages from an output and reading
them back in from an input. If the driver for the Creative Labs cards has
problems you might be able to detect it. You can download it here (it's
free): http://earthvegaconnection.com/products/miditest/index.html

Evert van der Poll