[wdmaudiodev] Sound Card Request

  • From: Carlton Guc <carlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:58:07 -0400

All,

We have received a bunch of questions about sound cards that work with our
product SFX.  Typically we have suggested to our users that they get any of the
Echo =
Audio's sound cards as they have been proving time after time to be a great
card.  However some of our clients purchase cards prior to our recommendation
and =
we're pressed to validate the integrity of these cards and to provide technical
support, it's difficult to do so without having a card to test with.

Our software is used by professionals and amateurs alike -- David Cooperfield,
Lily Tomlin, Blue Man Group, Churches, theme parks, community theatres, and =
others.

My request is this:  If you have a sound card that works in XP and 2K using the
latest WDM driver model and supports DirectX 8.0+, I would like to have one to =
test.  We are a software manufacture and will simply shelve these sound cards
for testing and to answer clients technical support questions.

Please visit the following email list archives to see the traffic on sound
cards to validate our needs.

http://www.brooklyn.com/theatre-sound/

Best Regards,
Carlton Guc