[wdmaudiodev] Re: Solution for MSVAD loopback interface

  • From: Kannan Ramanathan <kannan.ramanathan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:34:02 +0530

Looping back data at VAD level is indeed possible.

Justin, look in to the CSaveData class. An instance of this is created for
every new stream (I am assuming you are using a single stream / simple
version of VAD). This is split in to logical frames and are marked for
getting written to a file later, by a workitem. If you want to copy this
data, my suggestion would be to have one CSaveData (may be in the parent
class) and make CopyFrom/CopyTo use the RW pointers in to this bfr.

Couple of caveats:
1) for every new_stream, find a way to re-synch RW ptrs (you want to always
send the latest data -- stale data == weird behavior!)
2) Your capture EP property shd match render EP (i.e., you cannot have a 6ch
render EP and 2ch capture EP -- unless you decide to do the proper
padding/conversion internally).

All the best.

Thanks
----- Kannan Ramanathan