[wdmaudiodev] Re: SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces() fails - what could be the problem?

  • From: "Don Bell" <0dbell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:41:42 -0500

On 4/15/07, Don Bell <0dbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apparently, this kind of custom, non-standard, audio device is not
recognized by the system as "present".

Any idea why?

Duh! That's because in the device driver I commented out the call to
IoSetDeviceInterfaceState(&ifaceSymLinkName), TRUE) and forgot
completely about it.

BTW, if that helps, the first thing that made me suspect that this
device is "unlike the others", was the fact that "Control" subkey.
Most other devices under
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses have that. I have
no idea what the "Control" subkey means.

Of course the two things are connected - once I called
IoSetDeviceInterfaceState(&ifaceSymLinkName), TRUE) the 'Control'
subkey was inserted into the registry.

That also allows opening the device (via CreateFile) - not just enumerating it.

Nice to be able to find the answers myself. :-)

Don