[wdmaudiodev] Setting default subdevice in Vista

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:20:36 +1100

Our driver installs multiple subdevices, each representing a stereo channel on our multichannel cards. On XP it seemed the first channel always became the default device immediately after installation, but on Vista it's rather random - sometimes channel 1 on our card is marked default, other times channel 2 becomes the default.

The SetupPreferredAudioDevices INF keyword allows a particular card to assert itself as the default device, but is there any way to do the same thing with individual subdevices on a multichannel card?

Jeff Pages
Innes Corporation Pty Ltd