[wdmaudiodev] Serious Win2K Issue

  • From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:31:00 -0700

Hi,

I wrote a WavePCI driver that is WHQL certified. It works perfectly in
WinXP.

In Win2k SP4, everything works except for one thing:

When I use GraphEdit and try to capture audio (it is a capture only device)
using the QCap.dll filter, it seems that Windows only asks for the position
once in the beginning and never asks again. Also, it never sends me any
buffers to fill while streaming. So, no audio is rendered.

But, when I use the KxProxy filter, everything is fine. In WinXP, both
filters work.

Again, the driver is WHQL certified and from my single stepping, I don't see
any problem. All the code that is supposed to execute, executes. But, I just
don't get any buffers from Windows while streaming. I think that Windows is
not giving me buffers because it thinks the current position is zero. But,
it thinks this because it never asks me for the position again after the
first time. (In XP, it asks for the position again.)

The buffer size is about 10ms long (that is what I return in GetAllocator
framing).

Does anybody have any idea what could be happening? I have searched this
board as well as the MSFT site, but I cannot find any information.