[wdmaudiodev] Re: Sending KSProperty to Streaming Pin

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:30:41 -0800

KS wrote:

> I'm not familiar with DirectShow interfaces. Currently, I only know of
> using CreateFile method to open handle to audio filters.

Then, how do you communicate with them, specifically?  Maybe you're
using some other API and I'm guiding you down the wrong path.

> If I want to open a pin handle on a particular driver to send a
> KSProperty call that is to be targetted on the PinFactory, can you
> provide me with a more detailed explanation of how I can go about
> doing it based on your recommendation? I'm not sure of how to get the
> IBaseFilter for the audio filter that have the audio pin that I'm
> trying to target.

If *I* were doing it, I'd use CLSID_SystemDeviceEnum and ICreateDevEnum
to enumerate through the list of audio capture devices, then use
IMoniker::BindToObject to get an IBaseFilter.  From there, you can use
EnumPins or FindPin to get the IPin, and from the IPin you can get the
IKsControl interface.

But, as I said, your post now makes me wonder whether I'm giving you bad
advice.