[wdmaudiodev] Re: Routing virtual driver sound to an audio device.

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:55:38 +0200

Vinayak Srivastava skrev 2012-10-11 20:15:
I'm trying to install a virtual audio driver using AEVAD sample provided by
Microsoft. I need to reroute the sound to the audio device after applying some
effects. What all methods are available for doing this? Please suggest any
samples that I can make use of for this.

You can do one of two things (not only the way of God is inexplicable, count
Microsoft in...):

1. Implement the AEVAD sample as a "virtual audio cable" where audio output is routed to the audio
input, think Virtual Audio Cable (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm) + a "bridge"
application that streams from your "capture" device to the target rendering device.

2. Implement render only, and make your own application to get your own defined
data format from your device into an application that then reroutes the audio
to another audio device using WASAPI, WDM kernel streaming and what have you...
(a tip here, the SVN head of Portaudio handles WDM kernel streaming pretty well
for all platforms)

AFAIK there is no publicly available source code for this, so I advise you to
study a lot, and test a lot.

Good luck!
/Rob