[wdmaudiodev] Re: RevokeMapping

  • From: "Frank Berreth" <fberreth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:22:50 -0700

Since you talk about RevokeMappings, after rearranging the buffer descriptor
list the current mapping which gets revoked is taken out. The ICH would start
playing at the next mapping (if the ICH was in a run state before, which it
normally is not when RevokeMappings is called).
There might be a "jump" backwards in the position since the position reported
at GetPosition includes also partially played buffers. Since this buffer is now
taken out, the next position reported includes all released mappings + current
play position in the current (next) buffer which might be lower than a
previously reported position. That means the bytes played in the revoked buffer
are basically considered not being played (I don't know if that is correct or
not and frankly speaking - if you ask me - RevokeMappings shouldn't be there to
start with).

-Frank.