[wdmaudiodev] RevokeMapping

  • From: Marc Sillinger <marctiti@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:33:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

this should be an easy question for most of you :
I wonder what happens on AC'97, when RevokeMappings is
called with a tag that matches the current buffer
(CIV). From what I've seen, after the ICH is reset,
CIV = LVI = 0. Hence, the Buffer Descriptor list is
rearranged so that the current buffer data is located
at index 0. Now, I believe the PICB is reset too, so
what happens when DMA is resumed ? does the ICH replay
a part of the current mapping, or how did the current
position get saved ?
Or does portcls prevent the cancellation of the
current mapping ?

thanks
Marc.