[wdmaudiodev] Re: Request to all

  • From: Franco Milan <franco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:13:37 +0100

Hello Yura,

I tried many times to reach you to your direct email but the server on my side give me permanent delivery failure error, so I contact you by freelist.
Sorry for all that read this email not involved on this matter.
Can I do something?
Tomorrow I will provide to try the sample you send, thank you.

Just two questions:

- my application caputre audio from a real sound card, elaborate it and then send the audio data to real sound card output. How can I send the same audio data to your driver so another application configured with you virtual driver as device input receive the same audio data sent?

- regarding quotation what you give me? the source? the personalized driver, the license to use it? please help me.
This is the first time that I buy a driver.

Thanks again

Franco

Yura wrote:

Hello ,Franco

Monday, March 7, 2005, 9:00:37 AM, you wrote:

FM> I'm new in the world of device driver developer. I need to develope an
FM> virtual audio driver.
FM> We have an application that generate audio signal and put it out to the
FM> audio controller output. What we want to do is to give available this
FM> signal audio data to other application with a virtual audio driver. I
FM> there any interested to sell part o complete module of his driver FM> toinclude in our sw?

I did such driver some time ago. It creates two virtual sound cards in
the system, which are visible to applications. Output of one sound
card is connected to the input of other one, and vice versa.
Such a way one application can generate sound and transfer it to other
application that only supports WaveIn/DirectSound sound cards.

The only issue with DirectSound INPUT is that sound in some rare cases
can have 'clicks'. This is buffering issue because of software
emulation and I could not fix it. You'll have to increase the priority
of the application to reduce possibility of 'clicks'.

But if your application uses only WaveIn/WaveOut then you won't have
problems with this.

Can send you a demo.