[wdmaudiodev] Report a jack state change (plugged/unplugged)

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <emuzychenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mitchell Rundle <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:22:04 +0600

Hello Mitchell,

> The audioendpointbuilder service will re-examine the topology if it
> gets a pnp device notification.

Now I have rewritten my code to implement a fixed topology but respond
to KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION property request. And there is the same
problem: even if my driver reports a different connection status in
the IsConnected field, endpoint state (plugged/unplugged) does not change in the
recording device list. And KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION request is not
always sent to the driver when an application enumerates recording
devices.

Is there a way to reflect a jack state change (plugged/unplugged) without
re-registering a topology subdevice? Subdevice re-registration is a
reasonable way when its topology is changed but is too inadequate to
simply report a jack state change.

Regards,
Eugene