[wdmaudiodev] Re: RegisterSubdevice() and notification

  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:47:06 -0800

Subdevice registration involves the class driver registering the device
interface with the system. This is alluded to in the
PCRegisterSubdevice() function description at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/Audio_r
/hh/Audio_r/audpc-routines_ba884bcc-8193-4434-9747-d2bce0156eb8.xml.asp?
frame=true

Since a driver can register to receive notification of when device
interfaces are added or removed you can track this. See the
documentation for IORegisterPlugPlayNotification() at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/kmarch/
hh/kmarch/k104_2210e60c-f9ca-4848-8aab-7b01d2d2ffd7.xml.asp

And for a more thorough explanation read "Registering for Device
Interface Change Notification" at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/Kernel_
d/hh/Kernel_d/PlugPlay_c34c39cd-8cdb-4e80-9c71-4da168de62fd.xml.asp?fram
e=true

Hope this helps,

Richard Fricks
Microsoft DDK - Audio