[wdmaudiodev] Re: Questions about multichannel recording audio device.

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vincent Burel (VB-Audio)" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 22:09:54 +0700

Hello Vincent,

> Recently I made a VAC (virtual audio cable)

There already is the well-known "Virtual Audio Cable" product. You
definitely know it because you used it and asked me about its features
and some Windows Audio Engine specialities.

Moreover, you got the .inf file from Virtual Audio Cable package,
modified them slightly and included into your product package.

It is at least very impolite behavior to name your product using a
well-known product name and copy this product parts into your one. At
most, it is a plagiarism and you may become a lawsuit's object.

It is better to name your product uniquely to avoid collisions with
other ones and not to use parts from these products.

Regards,
Eugene