[wdmaudiodev] Question on USB Audio

  • From: "Tom" <tscribne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:55:25 -0700

I have a driver that matches to a USB 2.0 device that has USB Audio 1.0
descriptors on it (the Windows class driver will also match this device).

That device has 1 configuration.  That configuration has 13 interfaces, 4
control, 8 streaming, and one MIDI interface.

My WDM driver gets loaded and gets 4 pnpStart messages.  Presumably these 4
start messages correspond to the 4 control interfaces (and why the device
shows up 4 times in the USB device list).

My issue is that for my audio parsing algorithm to work, it needs to know
which control interface the specific instance of the object is being created
for.  It will then parse the complete configuration descriptor, find the
control and related streaming interfaces, and build an object that describes
those interfaces (which, combined, are considered an audio device by XP).

My problem is I can't seem to figure out what control interface my driver is
being started on.  It seems like a simple request, to ask the driver stack
which USB interface it has been loaded against.

How does a USB WDM driver determine which USB interface it's been loaded
for?

Thanks,

Tom