[wdmaudiodev] Q? Audio Record-in or Line-In volume control in a Driver

  • From: "Yoon, Sam" <sam.yoon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:04:21 -0500

I made a filter driver and it will catch the audio data to do some audio
enhancements. Some reasons I need to control audio volume especially
Record-in and Line-in in Record side not in the play-out side. I figured
out that I can use KSPROPERTY and

KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUME_LEVEL. But this one was for the master volume.

I don t know how can I get/set the Mic-In and Line-In volume level. My
thinking was to parse the topology and get the node of Mic-In or
Line-in. but I don t know how. How can parse the topology in a driver?

How can I get the node at a driver? If you have a simple example it
would be better.

Thank you.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether
in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

JPEG image