[wdmaudiodev] Re: Proper handling of Feature Requests and Terminal Types allowed under Vista

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <barefeet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:13:01 +1000

Chris Perry wrote:
Also potentially interesting to this group is that output terminal type 0x0601
(Analog connector) does not show up in Vista's list of playback devices but
terminal type 0x0301 (Speaker) does. However, input terminal type 0x0603
(Line connector) does show up in Vista's list of recording devices.

If my memory serves me correctly, under Vista, Analog Connector endpoints are disabled by default, whereas Speaker and Line Connector endpoints are enabled by default.

Jeff