[wdmaudiodev] Re: Problems with wrapping the Microsoft APO (was Multiple APOs in Vista?)

  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:21:40 -0700

You guys are pointing at one area where your disappointment truly echoes
our own. The lack of UI extensibility is regrettably true, one of the
victims of feature cut-back. The documentation will be corrected to
reflect reality better.

While we sure had larger plans for this part of the audio infrastructure
in Vista we got only half-way there this time around. Bottom line is
that if you want your own UI for your own FXs you have to create it and
map it to your own property store.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande
PM Integrated, Internal, External, and Wireless Audio Devices
MediaTech/DMD/Windows Client/Microsoft