[wdmaudiodev] Re: Problems about dynamic audio subdevice on Vista

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:05:31 +1000

Make sure that when a subdevice is instantiated, you create the wave and
topology ports/miniports, register the physical connection, THEN register the
wave subdevice and finally the topology subdevice. Likewise when removing a
subdevice, unregister the topology subdevice first, then the wave subdevice,
the physical connection and finally release the ports. Apparently if it's not
done in that order, a race condition can occur which does what you're
describing.

Jeff