[wdmaudiodev] Re: Problem in AVStream Capture and renderer filter synchronisation

  • From: timr@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:58:28 -0800

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:32:38PM +0530, swapnil kamble wrote:

>         I have 2 separate filters, each having their own DispatchProcess
> routines. As my current driver is based on "avssamp" sample. Currently my
> both filter are having one single unique dataformat of 44100 , 16bit , 2
> channels.
>
> Render Process :-
>
>     In case of render process where same file is rendered with same format
> 44100,16,2 ProcessPin->BytesAvailable is 1764. I checked with data it is
> getting received correctly but just  in less bytes and which is different
> from captures request(8192), the slower rate, may be causing problems .

You can't control this.  The capture and render filters are entirely
separate, as are their buffers and timing.  If you need to communicate
between the two ends, then it is up to you to include buffer management
to handle the mismatch.

>              To me this looked more dark when checked file of 11sec is
> taking 40sec to render at this rate(333667) on render filter by graphedit.
> So I tried with lower different values could make it tentatively 11-12 sec,
> but I am sure this will not be accurate. Do you know what standard values to
> provide in AVStream in Timer for DPC ? Do I need different timer values for
> capture and render ?

It's not up to you.  The system will hand you data to be rendered at
whatever rate it is being sent from the application.  You have to handle
it at that rate.

> So Can I increase the size of reception of data in RenderProcess ? Or Is
> there any other way of getting both of them working in correct way ?

Yes -- add some buffering.  It's not easy.
Providenza & Boeklheide, Inc.