[wdmaudiodev] Re: Printer Driver

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:32:36 -0800

Nitin Porwal, Noida wrote:

Hi,
I know this topic is off to this list but if anybody has any idea please
help me. I am new to printer driver and I need to write printer driver on
Win-XP for a USB printer. If someone has any information regarding
USB-printer driver please share that with me.

Step one, if you haven't already done so, is to download the Windows DDK. You'll need an MSDN subscription to get it. Install everything. You'll find examples of user-mode printer drivers. Assuming you comply with the USB printer class spec, you shouldn't need a kernel-mode driver.

Step two is to go to Microsoft's summary page on USB printing: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/usbprint.mspx

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx