[wdmaudiodev] Preffered audio devices problem

  • From: Noam Taich <grolich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 02:15:37 -0800 (PST)

I have an audio driver which exposes two interfaces,
with each interface exposing one capture filter and a
render filter.

I've named the interfaces VAD1 and VAD2.

I need to make VAD1 the default recording device and
VAD2 the default playback device.

From control panel / sound and audio devices, this can
be done easily.

But is there any way to do this from installation?
One thing is that the SetupPreferredAudioDevices entry
does not differentiate between playback and recording.

Another problem is: How do I decide which interface it
affects at all? I tried moving it from the device.
addreg to the VAD1.addreg and/or VAD2.addreg sections,
with depressing results.

Any ideas?

(If there is no way of doing it from the .inf, perhaps
just changing the appropriate registry keys with a
.reg  file run from the installer which installs the
driver would also have the desired effect I guess).

http://new.mail.yahoo.com