[wdmaudiodev] Re: Port Class BSOD

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:08:57 +0100

Hello,
thank you Tim for your suggestions.

The BSOD seems to be about Interrupts even I have no IRQs enabled.
I know that the waveRT sample code does not ues IRQs at all, but for some reasons (e.g. Midi) I need interrupts. So I'm disconnecting and releasing the interrupssync object within the destructor of the adaptercommon object. This seems to be wrong somehow. If I do not use interrupts at all there is no BSOD. Should I try to disconnect the interrupts if I enter State D3 instead? What do you think?

/Uwe

Tim Roberts schrieb:
Uwe Kirst wrote:
I'm getting a BSOD on unloading my wave RT driver,
please help,

What this shows is that something tried to call back into portcls.sys
after it had been unloaded.

Are you shutting off and disconnecting your device's interrupt before
you shut down? Have you deleted any queued up timer or DPC calls? Those are the most common causes of crashes like this.