[wdmaudiodev] Re: PcRegisterSubdevice returns NT_STATUS_ALLOTTED_SPACE_EXCEEDED

  • From: "Marc Titinger" <mtittinge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:33:16 +0200

thank you gentlemen !

Marc.

-------- Message d'origine--------
De: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx de la part de Hock Yiung HUANG
Date: ven. 01/07/2005 21:11

PcRegisterSubDevice() will return NT_STATUS_ALLOTTED_SPACE_EXCEEDED if the number of subdevices exceeded the MaxObjects specified in PcAddAdapterDevice().

PORTCLASSAPI NTSTATUS NTAPI
 PcAddAdapterDevice(
   IN PDRIVER_OBJECT  DriverObject,
   IN PDEVICE_OBJECT  PhysicalDeviceObject,
   IN PCPFNSTARTDEVICE  StartDevice,
   IN ULONG  MaxObjects,
   IN ULONG  DeviceExtensionSize
   );

MaxObjects

Specifies the maximum number of subdevices to be registered by calls to PcRegisterSubdevice. This count sets the upper limit to the total number of miniport objects that the adapter driver can instantiate.

"Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/01/2005 11:41 AM

Please respond to
wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
[wdmaudiodev] Re: PcRegisterSubdevice returns NT_STATUS_ALLOTTED_SPACE_EXCEEDED

I believe there was a limitation in Win2k of 10 devices?and 32 devices in XP. So, I am not sure why 8 is causing a problem for you. But, as far as I know, yes, there is a limitation to the number of wave devices you can have.