[wdmaudiodev] Re: PcRegisterSubdevice returns NT_STATUS_ALLOTTED_SPACE_EXCEEDED

  • From: Hock Yiung HUANG <hyhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:11:17 -0700

PcRegisterSubDevice() will return  NT_STATUS_ALLOTTED_SPACE_EXCEEDED if the
number of subdevices
exceeded the MaxObjects specified in PcAddAdapterDevice().

PORTCLASSAPI NTSTATUS NTAPI  PcAddAdapterDevice(    IN PDRIVER_OBJECT  DriverObject
,    IN PDEVICE_OBJECT  PhysicalDeviceObject,    IN PCPFNSTARTDEVICE  StartDevice,    IN ULONG
MaxObjects,    IN ULONG  DeviceExtensionSize
    );

MaxObjects
    Specifies the maximum number of subdevices to be registered by calls to
PcRegisterSubdevice.
    This count sets the upper limit to the total number of miniport objects
that the adapter driver
    can instantiate.

             "Sam Tertzakian"
             <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             Sent by:
             wdmaudiodev-bounce@freelist         <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             s.org
                 cc

            Subject
             07/01/2005 11:41 AM                 [wdmaudiodev] Re:
PcRegisterSubdevice returns

NT_STATUS_ALLOTTED_SPACE_EXCEEDED

                  Please respond to
              wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I believe there was a limitation in Win2k of 10 devices?and 32 devices in XP.
So, I am not sure why
8 is causing a problem for you. But, as far as I know, yes, there is a
limitation to the number of
wave devices you can have.