[wdmaudiodev] Re: PCM2904 - S/PDIF activate

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 09:41:40 -0700

P wrote:
> CMI8738 LX has no S/PDIF output. However, with this driver:
> http://code.google.com/p/cmediadrivers/
> S/PDIF out works in CMI8738 LX.

I'm not sure I believe that.  If the chip has no S/PDIF output, then
there won't be an S/PDIF plug on the board, because there is no place to
solder the wires.  That driver supports the LX, SX, and MX, but only the
MX has S/PDIF pins.

> PCM2906 has an S/PDIF output, PCM2904 - no.
> Is it possible to turn on the S/PDIF output in PCM2904, similarly as in
> CMI8738 LX?

The pinouts on the two devices are the same.  The two S/PDIF pins on the
PCM2906 are labeled "TEST0" and "TEST1" on the PCM2904.  If you want to
experiment, you could try connecting an S/PDIF connector to the those
two pins and pretending it is a PCM2906, but I suspect the engineers at
TI are smarter than that.