[wdmaudiodev] Re: Overriding IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL handling is possible?

  • From: "Don Bell" <0dbell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:51:18 -0500

On 4/11/07, Tom Eckert <teckert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you need to access the device extension within the call to
AddDevice() you can walk the AttachedDevice chain from the PDO and look
for the device object that has your DriverObject in its DriverObject field.
Generally, I think you could wait for StartDevice() to register your
interface.

Well, I managed to IoRegisterDeviceInterface() successfully from
either AddDevice() or StartDevice().  :-)

So, the obvious question now is: What are the pros (or cons) of
deferring IoRegisterDeviceInterface() to StartDevice() ?

BTW, when I call IoSetDeviceInterfaceState() after registering the
device interface, I get the following warning (in WinDbg):

"WARNING: DMusic overlaps dump_atapi"

What does this mean?

Thanks,
Don