[wdmaudiodev] Re: New information about multi-port USB MIDI devices

  • From: Kevin Molcard <kevin.molcard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:41:04 +0100

+1.

One more thing, the fact that the Windows driver is not multi-client (i.e the same port can not be opened by several applications) is a major issue for us for a long time.

Kevin

On 11/11/13 2:24 AM, Tom Duffy wrote:
I thought this was a lost cause, but the USB MIDI port names have never been
exposed up to the UI.   Mac OSX gained this ability around 10.6 I think.
i.e. all USB MIDI devices show up as USB Audio Device [n], even though
each port has a specified name that is exposed to the OS.

Tom.

On 11/10/2013 3:19 PM, Frank Yerrace wrote:
By the way, when you encounter issues or problems like this, we encourage you to open an issue via Microsoft's support channels. Customers with a Premier contract should contact their account manager, and others can follow instructions on http://support.microsoft.com to contact Microsoft.

While we are on the topic of the inbox USB MIDI class driver, is anyone on this list aware of other issues (defects or functionality) in this driver that prevent it from being more generally useful?
  Regards,
Frank Yerrace
Microsoft