[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need some help with passing the General Audio Test

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:56:14 -0700

Stephen Pinto wrote:
> Hello,
>
>        I am currently working on an audio driver which is based on
> wave cyclic port driver. This driver is virtual audio driver. I am
> having issues with passing the General Audio Test from the HCK tests.
> Following are the two failures I am facing :

> Start Case: ID 16.200:300.1.3 : KS
> properties\KSPROPSETID_Connection\KSPROPERTY_CONNECTION_DATAFORMAT\Invalid
> no. of channels:
> In case of the first failure I am not providing any support for
> KSPROPERTY_CONNECTION_DATAFORMAT property. Still I am not getting the
> reason for this failure.

The port class driver responds to this property on your behalf, based on
the information you provide.  In this case, the test is trying to
establish a connection with an invalid number of channels, and you
approved the request.  Are you actually validating the format in
IMiniPort::DataRangeIntersection and IMiniportWaveCyclic::NewStream, or
are you just approving everything?

> Start Case: ID 16.200:800.1.1 : IOCTL\KS
> defined\IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM\Cancel IO
> Device Name = XXXXXXX
> PnP ID      = ROOT\MEDIA\0000
>         Testing pin 0:
>         KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin is currently in state KSSTATE_STOP; want
> it to be in state KSSTATE_PAUSE
>         Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_ACQUIRE
>         Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_PAUSE
>         ERROR: Overlapped Event was NOT signaled within 30 seconds
> after DeviceIoControl call.
>         ERROR: attempt to prime data returned 258 instead of
> ERROR_IO_PENDING
> End Case: ID 16.200:800.1.1 : FAIL : IOCTL\KS
> defined\IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM\Cancel IO

An audio driver is supposed to allow data to be written to it even while
it is in the PAUSE state.  This error says that you are not doing that.