[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in Verify Audio EffectsDiscovery (Manual) - Certification test

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 00:12:30 +0000

Yes. If you don’t have any APOs, you don’t have to worry about the APO changes.

1. Report that you support only the “raw” signal processing mode via the
IMiniportAudioSignalProcessing interface

2. Update all the format handlers and data ranges to handle formats that
have the “audio signal processing mode” attribute

Windows will then know that your driver does not modify the signal it hands you
at all, and will report “no effects are active” back to the app. This will
assuage the effects discovery test.