[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in Verify Audio EffectsDiscovery (Manual) - Certification test

  • From: Parinitha Kashyap <parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 17:04:39 -0700

Our driver is not an APO, so is it enough to implement the audio signal
processing modes interface and report that we support
AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_RAW? Will that cover the *Effects list contains
an enhancements of type Other *failure?

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Matthew van Eerde <
Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Windows 8.1 created an “audio effects discovery” feature apps can use to
query what audio effects are active.

Windows figures out the answer to the app’s query by asking the driver and
the APO via new calls.

For drivers that don’t implement these calls, Windows has no way of
knowing what effects the driver adds, so it reports “Other” to the app.

So this is the test’s (rather cute) way of saying “hey, you need to
implement the audio effects discovery feature.”

Since your driver does not add any effects, you should implement the audio
signal processing modes interface, and report that you support a signal
processing mode – AUDIO_SIGNALPROCESSINGMODE_RAW.

If your driver includes APOs, you will also need to implement
IAudioSystemEffects2::GetEffectsList and return the appropriate list of
effects; if this changes, set the event handle that Windows gives you.

Modes:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt186386(v=vs.85).aspx

APOs:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt169899(v=vs.85).aspx